Colds & Flu
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”- Jim Rohn
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER is an immune booster.
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council.
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
PROPRIETARY NAME, STRENGTH AND PHARMACEUTICAL
FORM:EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER effervescent tablets.
Read all of this patient information carefully because it contains important information for you.
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER is available without a doctor’s prescription. Nevertheless, you still need to use EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER carefully to get the best results from it. Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
Do not share EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER with any other person.
Ask your pharmacist if you need more information or advice.
WHAT EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER CONTAINS
The active substances are:
Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 1000,00 mg
Echinacea purpurea 50,0 mg
Zinc lactate trihydrate 22,71 mg
The other ingredients are:
Acesulfame potassium, citric acid anhydrous, orange flavour, polysorbate 20, red beet powder, simethicone emulsion 30 %, sodium carbonate anhydrous, sodium hydrogen carbonate, and sorbitol.
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER contains the sweeteners acesulfame potassium (non-nutritive) and sorbitol (sugar alcohol).
WHAT EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER IS USED FOR
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER assists in providing support in boosting the immune system, assisting the body in fighting infections such as the cold and flu, and promoting physical well-being.
BEFORE YOU TAKE EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER
Do not take EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER:
- if you are hypersensitive (allergic) to vitamin C, echinacea purpurea, zinc lactate trihydrate or any of the other ingredients of EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER (see WHAT EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER CONTAINS).
- if you have kidney problems or kidney stones
- if you have a hereditary disease associated with an excess of iron in the body
- if you have stomach ulcers
- if you have tuberculosis (TB)
- if you have multiple sclerosis (MS)
- if you have any inherited blood disorders
- If you have leukaemia
- If you have HIV/AIDS
- If you have an autoimmune disease
- If you have collagen disease
Take special care with EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER:
If your general health worsens while taking EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER, please consult your healthcare practitioner.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding:
The safety of EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER has not been established in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby, please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional for advice before taking EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER.
Driving and using machinery:
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER is not expected to interfere with your ability to drive or use machines, however you should exercise caution before performing these tasks until you know how EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER affects you.
Important information about some of the ingredients of EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER:
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER contains the sweetener sorbitol. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER.
Taking other medicines with EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER:
Always tell your healthcare professional if you are taking any other medicine. (This includes complementary or traditional medicines.)
Simultaneous use of EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER will have a decreased effectiveness of the following medicines:
- Basilimiximab, azathioprine, cyclosporine, daclizumab, muromonab, mycophenolic acid, mycophenelate mofetil, sirolimus and tacrolimus (immunosuppressants used to prevent organ rejection after transplantation or to treat autoimmune diseases)
- Corticosteroids (anti-inflammatories to reduce inflammation and suppress the immune system to treat many conditions)
- Tetracycline, and fluoroquinolone (antibiotics used to treat bacterial infections)
- Indinavir (antiretroviral used to treat HIV/AIDS)
HOW TO TAKE EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER
Do not share medicines prescribed for you with any other person.
The usual dose is one tablet daily dissolved in half to one glass of water or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. It is recommended that EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER be dissolved in cold water for a more pleasant taste. Drink EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER mixture immediately after dissolving in water.
If you take more EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER than you should:
In the event of overdosage, consult your doctor or pharmacist. If neither is available, contact the nearest hospital or poison control centre.
If you forget to take a dose of EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER:
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten individual dose.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER can have side effects.
Not all side effects reported for EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER are included in this leaflet. Should your general health worsen, or if you experience any untoward effects while taking EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER, please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional for advice.
If any of the following happens, stop taking EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER and tell your doctor immediately or go to the casualty department at your nearest hospital:
- swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, face, lips, mouth or throat, which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing
- rash or itching
These are all very serious side effects. If you have them, you may have had a serious allergic reaction to EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER. You may need urgent medical attention or hospitalisation.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
- stomach problems such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and stomach ache
- dizziness, drowsiness and headache
- metallic taste in the mouth
If you notice any side effects not mentioned in this leaflet, please inform your doctor or pharmacist.
STORING AND DISPOSING OF EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER
- Store all medicines out of reach of children.
- Store at or below 25 °C in a cool, dry place.
- Protect from light and moisture.
- Do not store in a bathroom.
- Store your tablets in the pack that they came in and keep the tube tightly closed.
- Do not use after the expiry date stated on the carton.
- Return all unused medicine to your pharmacist.
- Do not dispose of unused medicine in drains or sewerage systems (e.g. toilets).
PRESENTATION OF EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER effervescent tablets are packed in polypropylene tubes closed with a polypropylene stopper equipped with a silica gel drying agent. The polypropylene tube is inserted into a carton with an information leaflet. Each tube contains 20 tablets.
IDENTIFICATION OF EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER
EFFERFLU C IMMUNE BOOSTER effervescent tablets are round and flat with a characteristic pink colour and light spots. It produces an orange colour solution with a citrus flavour once dissolved in a glass of water.
NAME AND ADDRESS OF REGISTRATION HOLDER
Pharma Dynamics (Pty) Ltd
1st Floor, Grapevine House, Steenberg Office Park
Cape Town, South Africa
DATE OF PUBLICATION
24 February 2011