“You can’t beat a healthy heart.”
High Blood Pressure Medication
SCHEDULING STATUS S3
PROPRIETARY NAME, STRENGTH AND PHARMACEUTICAL FORM DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR (sustained release tablets)
Please read this information leaflet carefully before using DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR
- Keep this information. You may need to read it again.
- If you have any further questions, please ask your doctor or your pharmacist.
- DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR has been prescribed for you personally and you should not share your medicine with other people. It may harm them, even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
WHAT DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR CONTAINS
1,5 mg indapamide.
Hypromellose, cellactose (a combination of alpha-lactose monohydrate and cellulose powder), povidone, silica (colloidal anhydrous), magnesium stearate, opadry Y-1-7000 (a combination of titanium dioxide, hypromellose and macrogol 400).
WHAT DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR IS USED FOR
DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR is prescribed by doctors to treat hypertension.
BEFORE YOU USE DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR
Do not take DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to indapamide, other sulphonamide type medications (also called sulfa medications and used for the treatment of different infections), or any of the components of DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR.
- Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to sulphonamide type medicines (sulfa medications), especially if you have had incidents of allergic reactions after receiving such medicines.
- If you are pregnant or while you are breast feeding, as the safety of DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR in pregnancy and breast feeding is not known.
- Severe liver disease.
- Severe kidney disease.
Take special care with DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR:
Inform you doctor before taking DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR if you have any kidney and/or liver disease(s), you have urinating problems, if you are a diabetic or have gout or increased body uric acid.
Taking DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR with food or drink:
DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR can be taken with or without food.
Pregnancy and breast feeding:
DO NOT use DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR if you are pregnant or suspect that you are pregnant. Contact you doctor immediately.
DO NOT use DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR if you are breast feeding.
Driving and using machinery:
DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR will most likely not make you drowsy or impair your ability to drive and use machinery, but take care if you feel dizzy, tired or drowsy while using DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR, especially if other blood-lowering medications are taken simultaneously.
Using other medicines with DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR:
Consult with your doctor, pharmacist or healthcare practitioner for advice if you need to take any other medicines. If you are taking other medicines on a regular basis, including complementary or traditional medicines, the use of DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR with these medicines may cause undesirable interactions. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking such medicines.
The following may interact with DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR:
- Amiodarone (used to treat an irregular heartbeat)
- Warfarin or other blood thinning medicines
- Digitalis glycosides (used for several heart disorders, including heart failure)
- Other antihypertensive agents (used for high blood pressure)
- Lithium (used for mood disorders)
- Not all medicines that may interact with DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR are listed above.
HOW TO TAKE DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR
Take one DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR tablet every day, preferably taken on arising in the morning.
Always take DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR exactly as your doctor has instructed you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
If you take more DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR than you should:
In the event of overdose, your doctor will treat the symptoms of the side effects which may include.
If you forget to take your DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR:
Take the missed dose as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for you next dose, continue to take the next tablet at the usual time. Do not take a double dose.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR may have side-effects.
Not all side-effects reported for DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR are included in this leaflet. Should your general health worsen while taking DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR, please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other health care professional for advice.
If any of the following happen, stop taking DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR and contact your doctor or healthcare professional immediately:
- Allergic reactions such as itching, redness and swelling
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhoea
- Blood disorders, such as low iron levels in the blood or body salt imbalances, such as low potassium or low sodium
- Increased levels of acid in the body, which may lead to gout
- Headaches or dizziness (especially when standing up from lying or sitting down).
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL OF DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR
- Store at or below 25°c.
- Do not remove blisters from the outer carton until required for use.
- KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN.
- Do not use after the expiry date printed on the label or carton.
- Return all unused medicine to your pharmacist.
- Do not dispose of unused medicine in drains and sewerage systems (e.g. toilets).
PRESENTATION OF DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR
DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR tablets are packed in aluminium foil and transparent, hard
PVC/PVDC foil blister strips of 3 x 10 tablets inside an outer carton box.
IDENTIFICATION OF DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR
DYNA INDAPAMIDE SR film coated tablets are white, round and slightly biconvex.
NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE REGISTRATION HOLDER
Pharma Dynamics (Pty) Ltd
1st Floor Grapevine House, Steenberg Office Park
Cape Town, South Africa
DATE OF PUBLICATION