New Swiss CBD product hits South Africa
A top-quality hemp-based, cannabidiol (CBD) product, called Cannamics – made in Switzerland – will now be available to SA consumers.
Nicole Jennings, spokesperson at Pharma Dynamics says they wanted to introduce a top quality CBD product to the local market, which is why they partnered with Creso Pharma, a renowned global provider of CBD products.
“Cannamics is made and extracted from the highest quality organically farmed hemp. It is classified as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)-free and has been developed under the highest standard manufacturing practices. It is distributed across a range of markets, including Switzerland, Europe, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, Israel, Canada and the APAC region with documented laboratory results.
“Although the hemp industry is still in its infancy in SA, new CBD products are appearing on the scene almost every day. This can make it difficult for consumers to know which products are of a good quality. Things to pay attention to include:
- Where and how the hemp was grown.
- Whether the final product has been independently tested by a third-party laboratory to confirm composition and purity.
- The production methods that are used. Good quality CBD products typically use CO2 extraction, which is the gold standard.
“Cannamics ticks all these boxes. In addition, it has also been designed to increase bio-availability – the degree and rate at which a substance is absorbed by the body.
“Different to some other CBD oils, which may be swallowed and are only partially absorbed, Cannamics is absorbed by the buccal mucosa that lines the insides of the cheeks and mouth floor. This allows CBD to be absorbed directly into the blood stream, as opposed to other orally administered CBD oils or gummies that are quickly broken down into inactive molecules once they pass from the digestive system to the liver circulation.
“The bio-availability of Cannamics is between 15 and 25 %, which is up to four times higher than other oral delivery systems that only produce a 3 to 6 % absorption,” she points out.
CBD consumables have long been known to have unique medicinal properties and clinical studies indicate it has a positive effect on the body’s endocannabinoid (ECS) system that regulates the stress response, feelings of anxiety, mood and sleep. The ECS also regulates pain sensation and immune function.
“The endocannabinoid system is essential to life’s basic processes as it is responsible for relaying messages that affect how we relax, eat, sleep, forget and protect.
“In gist, the endocannabinoid system is responsible for modulating pleasure, energy and well-being, while restoring balance in the face of external stressors, whether physical, emotional or psychological,” says Jennings
Cannamics is available as a pastille in packs of 24 and 48 and it contains 10 mg of CBD per pastille. It has a pleasant lime flavour and retails from R299.
For more information on Cannamics, visit www.cannamics.co.za or simply scan the QR code on your Cannamics packaging for educational content on the use of CBD consumables.
Issued by Meropa Communications on behalf of Pharma Dynamics. For further information, contact Brigitte Taim from Meropa on 021 683 6464, 082 410 8960 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to editor:
- CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a natural chemical compound (phytocannabinoid) from the cannabis plant. CBD acts on the endocannaboid system (ECS) which regulates mood, movement, memory, appetite, pain and sleep. Importantly, the endocannaboid system is vital for generating a healthy stress response. The ECS also regulates some immune-system responses and inflammation related to pain sensation.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main psychoactive compound in marijuana that alters consciousness and gives the high sensation.
- Pharma Dynamics’ manufacturing partner, Creso, cultivates cannabis under Good Agriculture Practice (GAP) conditions and its processes are all Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certified, meeting international pharmaceutical standards.
You might also like to read:
I’ve been practicing the martial art of Karate for many years, and to me it is the epitome of balance between physical and mental activity. This is important in my work (or life) because I see people get stressed and not know how to manage what life throws at them. I know that these skills have given me the ability to remain calm even in the hardest situations.